Innovate South 2019 Recap
Were you able to make it to Innovate South in Downtown Lafayette this month?
The conference started with our kickoff event at Rock’n’Bowl on Wednesday evening and flowed through Thursday and Friday at the Acadiana Center for the Arts (AcA). Nearly 600 local and out-of-state entrepreneurs experienced new ideas centered around business and marketing.
The AcA was a fantastic place to hold Innovate South’s inaugural event as it embodied the spirit and culture of Downtown Lafayette.
If you missed out this year, then subscribe to our newsletter at InnovateSouth.org to get the latest announcements directly to your inbox.
“Having a conference like this is important to the city of Lafayette as we continue to diversify the number and type of businesses that are here,” Laurel Hess, CEO of hampr, told KLFY. “Knowing it’s only going to grow in the next year is really important to the growth of the city.”
Speakers, attendees, vendors, and those who peered into the AcA’s vast windows liked what was going on inside.
- Entrepreneurial all-stars from across the country speaking to a packed AcA theater and workshops during Startup and Small Business Day, Get Started Medical Pitch Competition, and Digital Marketing Day
- 589 people of all ages who networked and learned from local and national leaders in their industries
- The State of Venture Capital in Louisiana with Mark Graffagnini, Founder and Managing Partner of Cara Stone, LLP
- Always Be the Chameleon: 3 Ways to Keep Your Business Relevant Through Information with Sarah Sharif, Founder of Experimental Civics
- Oh, the Markets You’ll Go: Getting Your Business to Market with Gregarious Narain, Serial Entrepreneur
- Design, Build and Nourish: The Important of Culture in Your Business with Bruce Garrison, Senior Vice President of zColo, Zayo Group's co-location segment
- Start with the End in Mind: Determining Why Your Company Exists with Frankie Russo, Founder of Russo Capital
- Winning the Inbox with Brad Wolverton, Head of Content at The Hustle